From 1st July, 1957, Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has remained the energy provider and distributor for all these years.
After 53 years of long journey, The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board is restructured as per G.O.114 dated 08th Oct, 2008 by establishing a holding company with the name “TNEB Ltd” was formed on 1st November, 2010.
TNEB Online Payment is the easiest way to avoid standing in Queues for electricity bill payment. Most of the states in India now have online bill payment methods and Tamil Nadu is not behind.
TNEB / TANGEDCO website is the best way of making payments online in Tamil Nadu. This website provides all the facilities to make bill payment online and a lot of their consumers use it. One just needs to create a login on the website using the customer number or service number.
One Time Registration is mandatory to make online payment.
I will come up with another article on the same later. Please allow me some time for the same J
Steps for TNEB Online Payment for Registered Users:
Open TNEB / TANGEDCO portal – https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login
2. Enter Username and Password: The following billing screen appears.
3. Checking the box against the outstanding amount, i.e the blue Blue Box after the due date in the row, the payment options are populated.
4. Payment Mode can be through Payment Gateway (which accepts Debit Card/credit Card) and Internet Banking.
5. Make the payment and you are done with your TNEB Online Payment.
Tneb Online Payment
- How to pay using debit/credit card?
You can pay using credit / debit card of any one of the bank listed under (Any Master / Visa credit card or Debit card of the following banks can be used for making payment) through the ‘PAYMENT GATEWAY OPTION’ by selecting one of the available gateway whose bank charges are displayed. After entering into any one of the gateways, give your debit/credit card details when asked and proceed for payment.
- Can I pay for multiple services? Can I pay for owner / tenant / relative / friends?
You may pay for any number of services. The service nos. can be added using the Add Consumer No button.
- How can I monitor the bill payments?
You may have to regularly check up bill status available in www.tneb.in web site. For registered consumers, a mail is generated as soon as the reading is made available from the field.
- Should I have to print the e-receipt every time?
Not essential. It is only for the purpose of record. You may view payment report in the login and also bill status in www.tneb.in web site.
- There is no entry made in the white meter card if I pay online. Is it mandatory to go to the section office for making entries?
No. The payment details are available in the database.
- When will the data be available in the www.tneb.in site?
The details will be uploaded to the concerned regional servers on the subsequent working day.
- What shall I do If Receipt Is Not Generated / Error Page Displayed?
After a successful transaction, if error page is displayed instead of the receipt, kindly check whether your bank account is already debited with the amount of earlier transaction before attempting to pay again for the same service no. If debited, please do not attempt to pay again for the same service no. The receipt will be sent to your registered email id in reasonable time after receiving the confirmation from the Bank. Also the receipt can be viewed in the payment report in your login id.
- My transaction is not successful. If I try again, it states that it is already paid. What should I do?
The transaction is broken and will get reconciled automatically within next three working days. Check your bank account. If found debited, please do not attempt to pay again for the same service no.
- What is advance payment and how will it get adjusted?
Consumers who has got no outstanding dues pending and assessment being carried regularly can make advance payment. The amount will get adjusted automatically on subsequent assessments.
- I paid Advance Payment. How should I check for subsequent adjustments/balance?
In the bill status report => Monthly Consumption Charge Collection Details=> Advance Amount column depicts the adjusted amount against the advance paid. In the bill status report => Miscellaneous Collection Details=> Pending Amt column depicts the balance amount available against the advance paid.
- What should I do if I forget my password/username?
You can recover your password through “Forgot Password”/ Forgot Username link in the login page.
- What is ASD and why should I pay?
The adequacy of Security Deposit (SD) will be reviewed once in every two years in case of LT consumers after taking the interest due for the credit available. If available deposit is less than the reviewed Security deposit, the balance will be collected as Additional Security deposit (ASD). If the balance amount is not paid within the due date, the service is liable for disconnection.
- Where shall I check the CC Deposit amount paid?
All the payments done towards Deposit could be viewed in the bill status => Miscellaneous Collection Details => Account Description=48100-Cc Deposit.
- How shall I get alert for other Service Numbers in my Id?
Make use of the Updation / Addition of email id of SUPPORT link to modify/update email id and get mail alert.
- To which Billing Cycle do I belong?
Assessment in TNEB for the energy consumed for LT consumers is done bimonthly. If the assessment is done during the odd month, you belong to Odd cycle and vice versa. To know your Billing cycle, check from the consumer bill status.
- Can I pay the penalties through online?
If you fail to pay the amount within due date, your service connection is liable for disconnection. However if not disconnected, you can pay through online along with belated surcharges. In case if the service is disconnected, kindly approach the section office for getting reconnected.
- What is the procedure for getting EB card (White Meter Card)?
If the White meter card is lost, you may approach the section office and get a new card on payment of Rs 5/-.If the card is full and there is no space to enter the assessment, the same will be issued free of cost.
- The address in the web site appears to be wrong.
The address corrections have to be done at the section office.
- What to do for name transfer?
An application has to be submitted to the concerned section office along with supporting documents. The name will be transferred to the new owner on payment of necessary name transfer fees. The details are available under Miscellaneous Charges in the Schedule of Tariff of Billing Services link in www.tneb.in
- Where shall I find the tariff details?
This could be found in the bill status.
- When I select the consumer for payment message displayed is ‘PREVIOUS ASSESSMENT NOT DONE’?
This means no assessment entry has been made by your local EB office for two billing cycle viz., present cycle and previous cycle. In this case the option for advance payment will also be blocked and the consumer will be able to pay only after reading updation by the concerned Section Office.